Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close?

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close?

Post by Psalmist February 21st 2015, 10:51 pm

So 2:1 - I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

My wife has a daycare in our house during the week. My day off is Tuesday which is also one of her busiest days with the most children and babies. As we were raising our seven awesome children I came upon a secret to stop their fussin' and crying. Whenever Patty left me with our children to run errands the baby or babies would go to crying. After a couple of bottles of milk and diaper changes I would get one of Patty's recently worn shirts and put it in the crib or hold it next to the baby's head. The smell or scent of Patty would calm the crying baby almost immediately. Babies are very scent conscious and so are we.

Have you ever smelled fish frying and suddenly you were taken back to that fishing trip...? Or maybe the smell of a cedar chest takes you back to your grandparents. Or more recently you smell burnt rubber and you remember a tire burnout competition at Sturgis or another bike rally. We are very scent oriented.

Last Wednesday night we were in a worship time before service actually was meant to start. One of my friends loves this song "Here in your presence". Being his birthday I put it on the 'long play' mode and we took our time singing it. The flute was so excellent and the harmonies were right on tune. The bass, piano, and drums were accenting the flute and it was magic. Something happened in the sanctuary that night. The people all over the auditorium were raising their worship to God and singing out "You're wonderful, beautiful, glorious, matchless in every way." One of my close friends told me once "That's how God sees us!" That changed the song for me into something even more special. For this God who is so spectacular to see me as matchless, well I can't fathom it.

We sang and worshipped in that song for about 10 minutes then one of the singers came up behind my wife (who also sings with me) and asked "Do you smell that?" Suddenly the room was filled with scents of flowers and cinnamon. I smelled roses. Next to me Tina smelled lilies, Patty smelled cinnamon, and others smelled lavender. It was like God the father looked over the edge of the crib of heaven and came so close we all could smell His beauty. Like a proud papa He was elbowing the angels saying 'That one's mine. And that one's mine...' Afterward, many came up and said they could smell this wonderful fragrance in the worship.

After some time it lifted and maybe God asked His son Jesus 'Did I get too close?' I hope and pray He gets close more often during the worship service. Otherwise we just have a song service. And those are pretty dry for me. I hope your church services are fantastic with the presence of God. I hope He gets too close and you lose control more often. He's really crazy in love with you. Are you in love with Him? Have a great week And listen for His voice to say "I'm close." You may have left Him, but He will never leave you. Like the prodigal son, run home to Him again. And again I say 'Run home!' I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close?

Post by actionpack February 22nd 2015, 7:17 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Did I get too close?

Post by trip February 23rd 2015, 7:13 am

Thanks big D.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon February 24th 2015, 9:35 am

thank you Dino!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum