Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far

Post by Psalmist October 4th 2014, 3:27 pm

I love green apples. But they are challenging to eat while riding a motorcycle. I've had to learn how to clutch with my last two fingers and hold the apple with the rest of my hand. On those sharp downhill curves one might resemble a pig at a Hawaiian luau with the apple jammed in the mouth. Either way, apples are a fantastic fruit. Once riding on the highway, apples are easy to eat (much easier than M&M's or baby carrots). Yes I realize the value of a cup holder, but once you bite into the apple you're committed to holding it till it's gone.

There's an old saying "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." It took on new meaning to me this week. A lady from our church Face Book'ed me with a request to call her. She told me she's been gone from our church for a few years but realized her son whom she hadn't seen since birth was attending our church. She wanted to re meet him. He had been living in the same town as her for over twenty years without meeting her. She even asked him to friend her. He didn't add her because he didn't know who she was. Being a good friend to both I set up a meeting at the church last Sunday night. We met in the music room. She brought in a bag of documents and pictures. As they sat next to each other and shared their history's, all I could do was smile. They truly looked like mother and son. It was wonderful. That apple definitely didn't fall far from the tree.

This morning I was sent an invite from "Fandalism" to hear and watch a friend's new video. That friend is Paul Carson. He's an incredible guitarist and Christian brother. We played together twenty years ago for a small church worship team. The video was great with layered guitars and vocals. On the credits was his daughter singing lead and playing guitar. I thought 'That apple didn't fall far from the tree.' She sounded and looked a lot like Paul.

Last week my brother/pastor asked me to join my daughter for a new worship service on Saturday nights. She's the lead worshipper and I get to back her on electric guitar. Now I'm 'working' for her and I love it. She's a great singer and musician. I'm going to really enjoy not being in charge and just playing for God's glory.

I guess this is all generational blessings. My mom's family all played and sang too! I remember when I was a little lad we all would get together and sing. They would pull out their guitars and everyone would join in. But it doesn't stop there. Many years ago there was a boy named David who could really play his acoustic. He was a long ancestor of those who love Jesus. God called him a man after His own heart. He was a ancestor of Jesus. Even Jesus was musical.

Mt 26:30 - After singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

I bet Jesus has a great voice and probably plays guitar like ..... hmm who can compare with Him. He got it from His Dad.

Zep 3:17 - The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Pretty cool eh? That music you have in you came down from the Father of Lights, God. All those cool traits in your kids come from watching you and Jesus in you. Oh, and those bad traits they sometimes have? They must've come from somewhere else. Surely they didn't come from you. So make sure your 'apple tree' has no bad water or disease coming into it. Guard your tree from bad influences. Let those good things of Jesus Christ nourish your fruit. Have a fantastic ride this week. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far

Post by trip October 4th 2014, 10:06 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Apples don't fall far

Post by actionpack October 6th 2014, 8:42 pm

cool storys in your message , thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon October 7th 2014, 12:45 pm

thank you Dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down