Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Children of God

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Children of God Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Children of God

Post by Psalmist August 25th 2013, 12:09 am

Book of 1 John
3:1-24 - Study Chapter
1What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it--we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.

2But friends, that's exactly who we are: children of God. And that's only the beginning. Who knows how we'll end up! What we know is that when Christ is openly revealed, we'll see him--and in seeing him, become like him. 3All of us who look forward to his Coming stay ready, with the glistening purity of Jesus' life as a model for our own.

4All who indulge in a sinful life are dangerously lawless, for sin is a major disruption of God's order. 5Surely you know that Christ showed up in order to get rid of sin. There is no sin in him, and sin is not part of his program. 6No one who lives deeply in Christ makes a practice of sin. None of those who do practice sin have taken a good look at Christ. They've got him all backwards.

7So, my dear children, don't let anyone divert you from the truth. It's the person who acts right who is right, just as we see it lived out in our righteous Messiah. 8Those who make a practice of sin are straight from the Devil, the pioneer in the practice of sin. The Son of God entered the scene to abolish the Devil's ways.

Last Thursday night a friend from years ago stopped in my office. About fifteen years ago he was a small boy and rode my bus to "Kings Kids" every Saturday. Kings Kids was a couple of hours of fun for kids and teaching God's Word. John was always a great helper on the bus. He and his sister were living with their grandma during those years because of family problems. They both came faithfully and were bus captains for a few years. As they grew older they moved on to other things. I recognized John when I saw him but was startled by his three long cuts on his arm and the cuts on his neck. He had attempted suicide several times but didn't go thru with it. When I saw him Thursday night he wanted a ride home about forty minutes away. He called his mom, but she didn't 'have room' for him and recommended his aunt's home to call. She refused. Sure he might have been playing me because I didn't know his current situation. But I really wanted to see him reunited with his mom. So I called her house back and she didn't answer the phone. I left a message that I'd be bringing him down there in a half hour. When we got there no one was waiting. I prayed with him and asked him not to kill himself. He said he'd call me next week and let me know what was going on. He gave me a big hug and waited for his mom as I rode away. About ten minutes later I got a call while riding home. I hit the blue tooth button on my headset and a angry man started in on me. He asked who I was and why I brought this kid with anger problems to their town. Finally he said "If we have any problems, YOU know who I'm coming after!" I stopped talking and he hung up. When I got home I made a report with the police and they called him back to encourage him. This guy was John's mom's boyfriend.

I shared that story with you to let you know that there is someone that won't ever push you away or abandon you. His name is Jesus Christ. He even promised us that.

Heb 13:5 -Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you."

Mt 28:20 -and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Even when we don't act or say things right, He sticks with us. To me that's awesome! When we are in relationship with Jesus Christ, we are adopted as God's children. It's not based on our works of how good we can be or do for Him. It's all based on a simple decision of making Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. You can't become perfect first to do this and you can't afford to buy this present. It's a free gift from the God of this universe and all universes everywhere. I really like this verse in the above scriptures:

"6No one who lives deeply in Christ makes a practice of sin. None of those who do practice sin have taken a good look at Christ. They've got him all backwards."

In other words if we are deeply in love with Jesus Christ we don't go looking for a place to sin. And more, those who do practice sin, haven't taken a good look at His hands and feet. There's a beauty in Jesus Christ that draws some and drives away others. He will call you out of darkness into His awesome light. But it's all up to you. You don't have to be homeless or bankrupt spiritually. There is hope in Jesus Christ. Give it all to Him and live again. Remember I'm praying for you all. Have a great ride!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down