Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a question for you military folks

4 posters

Go down

Got a question for you military folks Empty Got a question for you military folks

Post by Shiloh July 20th 2009, 6:53 pm

Im wondering how I can get a copy of my fathers discharge papers from the service? The funeral home we went to said that the military will give him a stone if we can prove he was in the service. I have tried to look it up and everything I read says I need to know his service number.. and well no one in the family knows what it was or can find any record of it.

Any help is appreciated!
Shiloh
Shiloh
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Got a question for you military folks Empty Re: Got a question for you military folks

Post by jedishon July 20th 2009, 7:00 pm

The number would be on his dog tags if you can find them. did he take his discharge papers down and have them registered at the court house? Other than that I can't think of much right now.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Got a question for you military folks Empty Re: Got a question for you military folks

Post by jaarch July 20th 2009, 7:11 pm

The form you are looking for is his DD-214. Yes you will need his service number. Try contacting the VA. They have folks that can help track that stuff down. If you know the command he was attached to when he got out, they should be able to look in their archives or in the national archives. Good luck!
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash July 20th 2009, 9:25 pm

Eric, as Joe said start out at the local VA, also a local American Legion Post would point you in the right direction. If you know his Dates of Service getting a copy of his DD-214 or Seperation Papers should not be too difficult. The National Military Records Center is here in the St. Louis area. Good Luck and let us know the outcome.---------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down